Fireshot Screen Capture Plugin For Firefox
Firefox has some great add-ons available for web designers to extend the functionality the browser has to offer. One useful add-on which is great for capturing screen shots and editing screen shots on the fly is called Fireshot which enables you to create screen shots directly from your browser of complete web pages or just a specific part of the web page.
Another great feature incorporated into the add-on is the ability to edit the screen shot by included notes with pointers. This is really useful if you want to help someone understand a specific problem you have with your website or design.
Benefits Of Using Fireshot
- Easy to use screen capture add-on for Firefox
- Free version is free to download and use.
- You can also purchase the Pro version which includes some additional features
- Save time, no need to open another application just point and capture the screen via the browser
- Captures flash movies and animated Gifs
- Save screen captures in a JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP format or send it directly to print or email
- Edit images on the fly by adding text, pointers, shapes, captions or drawings.
To Get Started With Fireshot Complete The Following
- Open the Firefox browser and visit https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5648
- Install the Fireshot add-on
- Restart the Firefox browser and visit the web site you wish to screen capture
- In Firefox select the Tools menu and Fireshot
- You will now see a number of options to capture the whole page or just the visible area of the page
6. As show in the above screen shot once you have captured the screen you can edit it, save it as an image or send it directly to email / print.