Template Control Panel Getting Started Guide
The user friendly template control allows you to access and update all the settings, built-in features we have incorporated into the Joomla templates we have developed at the website. We have also split the control panel up into different tabs to make it easier for you to access the settings and features.
From the control panel you can complete the following
Site Name And Slogan Settings
From the site name and slogan settings tab you can change all the settings for the header area of the template.
- Change the font size of the content at your website
- Change the site name or slogan text which appears in the header of the template
- Change the font size and colors for the site name or slogan text
- Adjust the space in the header for the site name or slogan text or for the logo image you can upload
- You can upload your own site name, slogan or logo image instead of using text which appears in the header of the template
- You can link the site name, slogan text or logo to your home page
Community Links Settings
The community links tab includes all the settings to enable or disable the icons and links for the social network sites including Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and much more.
Drop Down Menu Settings
The drop down menu settings tab allows you to easily change the settings for the drop down menu items which appear in the top menu of your website.
- Turn the drop down menu off or on
- Change the width or height of the drop down menus
- Change the speed of the drop down menu items
- Specify the minimum width of the drop down menu items
- If you use sub menus you can also specify the width of the sub menu columns
Header And Footer Code Settings
In the header and footer code settings you can copy and paste the code you have received from a 3rd party which will appear in the template header area of footer area. Example If you use Google Analytics you can copy and paste the Google Analytics code into the header form and the code will appear between the <head> </head> tags of the template
Built-in Slideshow Settings
From the built-in slideshow setting tab you can change all the settings we have included in the slideshow for the template.
- You can turn the slideshow off or on
- You can turn the slideshow auto playing off or on (image slides will refresh every number of seconds)
- You can enable or disable the thumb nail images which appear at the bottom of the slideshow
- You can change the timing, duration of the images which appear in the slideshow plus the transitions
- You can choose from over 20 different slideshow transition effects plus you can mix the transition effects
- You can change the height of the slideshow
- Change the slide loader, position of the loader and color of the loader (pie, bar, none) which appears when each image is loaded into the slideshow
- Disable or enable navigation buttons, play, pause, hover over button,
K2 Items Slider Settings
A number of the Joomla templates we have created at the website include support for the very popular K2 Joomla extension. If the template includes support for the K2 extension the K2 Items slider settings tab will appear in the control panel.
The K2 settings included in the control panel allows you to change the settings and effects which get applied to the K2 content module, The K2 content module will display the latest blog, articles you create and publish via the K2 extension at your website. Examples of this can be see in the Gravity or Oxygen template and other templates we have created
The theme settings tab includes all the settings which allows you to easily customize the template color scheme to suit your exact needs. The theme settings option gives you a lot more freedom, control and flexibility to customize the template without touching any CSS code or any other code included in the design. This is great feature for people who don’t have the design skills or just want to quickly customize the design to fit their needs.
Via the theme settings tab you can complete the following
- Change the background images by uploading your own image for some of the modules included in the template.
- Turn the built-in theme option from off to on. If you want to use one of the built-in theme styles which comes supplied with the template then this option needs to be set to on. If you want to create your own, custom theme using the color picker customization tool then this option needs to be turned to off.
- You change choose from one of the ready made built-in styles which we have created and comes supplied with the template
- Using the color customization tool you can change almost every part of the designs color scheme by just clicking on the one of the color picker options next to the area of the template you would like to change.
How Do I Access The Control Panel
To access the settings included in the control panel complete the following steps
- Log into the Joomla administrator area of your website
- Select the Extensions menu and Template Manager menu
- Select the template you have downloaded and installed via your website
- You will now be able to access the control panel settings
Control Panel Help Tips
We have tried to include as much information as possible to help you understand how each setting included in the control panel works.
To access the help tips open one of the control panel tabs and hover your mouse over the text next to each setting.
A pop help tip as show in the screen below will now appear to give you more information about how to use the setting included in the control panel.
How Do I Save The Settings To The Control Panel
You have two options to save the changes to the settings included in the control panel
- Click the Save button which will save all the changes but keep the control panel open. This is useful if you are customizing the template color scheme using the built-in color picker tool and what to preview the changes at the site as you select different colors.
- Click the Save & Close button which will save all the settings and take you back to the template manager view.
For more information about the settings included in the control panel read the articles in the template settings category of the knowledge base
If you have any more questions about how to use the control panel please open a support ticket at the website.